Sometimes, you just want a simple, healthy breakfast.
But you can’t muster the enthusiasm to fry eggs, and lord knows what would happen if you attempted eggs benedict after a solid 4.25 hours of sleep.
Don’t try to visualize it.
You have a situation on your hands. A dilemma. At this inhumanely early hour, you are the sole, tired-eyed witness to the continuous existential struggle between easy and delicious and healthy.
But you know how to resolve this issue. You take out your eggs, veggies, and a bowl…
*superhero theme song*
Wholesome Baked Eggs
Notes: With this recipe, you get two serving of delicious eggs. Also, this is for the people out there who like a somewhat runny egg yolk. Like me. And you. And all of the people.
• 2 eggs
• 4 slices turkey – Only because we were plum out of bacon.
• 1/2 green bell pepper
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 mushrooms
• 2 heads green onion
• dash of salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and slice up all of your veggies.
2. Saute together all of the non-egg ingredients.
3. Divide your veggies into two cute ramekins/baking cups and admire.
4. Crack an egg over each of the warm sauteed breakfast delights.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Check your oven occasionally to make sure your eggs stay happy.
The Extra Mile:
• Craving an extra kick? Top with some Sriracha or another spicy sauce.
• No time in the morning? Bake the night before and microwave (on medium heat for 3 minutes) when you’re ready to nom.
Breakfast of champions right here. And guess who’s the champion.
You. And me. And all of the people.